Note:

Should you wish to follow the G11 'do it yourself' project from the very beginning, then please start reading the oldest posts first. They are located in the Blog Archive.

Thursday, June 9, 2016

KA0UNB and his stealth antenna [WAS #49, Nebraska]

The other day I proudly update you on 49th state worked QRP with my G40. This morning I got an email from Phil which I just have to share with you: there is NO excuse for not getting on air, even if you live in antenna-restricted environment.

Hello Nick!
 
Your card is on the way I stopped by my local post office and mailed it today.
I was using a little more transmit power about 25 watts but used my house downspout drain pipe as a stealth antenna.
A picture is worth a thousand words they say so attached is a photo of me standing next to the downspout with my hand on it.
 

 
Hope to work you again on other bands!
 
THANKS!
 
73,
 
Phil / KA0UNB

No comments:

Post a Comment